For specific documentation about building KiCad, policies and guidelines, and source code documentation see the Developer Documentation website.
You may also take a look into the Wiki, the contribution guide.
For general information about KiCad and information about contributing to the documentation and libraries, see our Website and our Forum.
KiCad uses a host of CI resources.
GitLab CI pipeline status can be viewed for Linux and Windows builds of the latest commits.
Additional status is available for builds:
- AUTHORS.txt - The authors, contributors, document writers and translators list
- CMakeLists.txt - Main CMAKE build tool script
- copyright.h - A very short copy of the GNU General Public License to be included in new source files
- CTestConfig.cmake - Support for CTest and CDash testing tools
- Doxyfile - Doxygen config file for KiCad
- INSTALL.txt - The release (binary) installation instructions
- uncrustify.cfg - Uncrustify config file for uncrustify sources formatting tool
- _clang-format - clang config file for clang-format sources formatting tool
- 3d-viewer - Sourcecode of the 3D viewer
- bitmap2component - Sourcecode of the bitmap to PCB artwork converter
- bitmaps_png - Menu and program icons
- CMakeModules - Modules for the CMAKE build tool
- common - Sourcecode of the common library
- cvpcb - Sourcecode of the CvPCB tool
- demos - Some demo examples
- Documentation - Developer documentation (deprecated; moved to https://dev-docs.kicad.org)
- eeschema - Sourcecode of the schematic editor
- gerbview - Sourcecode of the gerber viewer
- helpers - Helper tools and utilities for development
- include - Interfaces to the common library
- kicad - Sourcecode of the project manager
- libs - Sourcecode of KiCad utilities (geometry and others)
- pagelayout_editor - Sourcecode of the pagelayout editor
- patches - Collection of patches for external dependencies
- pcbnew - Sourcecode of the printed circuit board editor
- plugins - Sourcecode for the 3D viewer plugins
- qa - Unit testing framework for KiCad
- resources - Packaging resources for various operating systems
- scripting - SWIG Python scripting definitions and build scripts
- scripts - Example scripts for distribution with KiCad
- template - Project template
- thirdparty - Sourcecode of external libraries used in KiCad but not written by the KiCad team
- tools - Other miscellaneous helpers for testing
- translation - Translation data files (managed through Weblate for most languages)
- utils - Small utils for KiCad, e.g. IDF, STEP, and OGL tools and converters