Fugu is the first open source jailbreak tool based on the checkm8 exploit.
UPDATE: Fugu will now install Sileo, SSH and Substitute automatically! Additionally, all changes to the root file system are now persistent. Put your iDevice into DFU mode, run
Fugu iStrap, unlock your iDevice and follow the on-screen prompts.
IMPORTANT: This jailbreak is currently in development and only meant to be used by developers.
!!! ONLY DOWNLOAD FUGU 15 (iOS 15 - iOS 15.2 Jailbreak) FROM https://github.com/epeth0mus/Fugu15/ AS IT IS VERY EASY TO CREATE A VERSION OF FUGU THAT CONTAINS MALWARE !!!
Currently, the iPad Pro (2017, every size) and iPhone 7 are the only officially supported devices (on iOS 13 - 13.5.1).
All devices with the A10/A10X CPU should be supported.
Note that you can also download a precompiled version from the releases tab.
To build Fugu, make sure you have Xcode and Homebrew installed.
Using Homebrew, install
brew install llvm binutils
Afterwards, open the Fugu Xcode Project, select Fugu as target (if it's not already selected) and build it.
This should generate Fugu and a shellcode folder in the build folder. You're now ready to go!
I recommend you to just launch Fugu without any parameters to see all the options.
If you would just like to jailbreak your iDevice, run the following:
You may need to run this command multiple times. If it won't work after the 4th try, enter DFU mode again.
This will send iStrap (the kernel bootstrapper) to your iDevice together with iDownload (small application that can be used to upload files to the iDevice or execute commands). See Components for more information.
Installing Sileo, SSH and Substitute
Fugu will now install Sileo, SSH and Substitute automatically! Unlock your iDevice and follow the on-screen prompts. Make sure your iDevice is connected to the internet!
Fugu consists of the following components:
- Fugu: The macOS Application that exploits your iDevice using checkm8 and uploads iStrap, iStrap loader and iDownload.
- iStrap loader: Small shellcode that patches iBoot and loads iStrap after iBoot is done.
- iStrap: The kernel bootstrapper. This is what you see on your iDevice during boot. Patches the kernel, injects boot arguments (if needed) and injects shellcode into the kernel.
- iDownload: Small application running on your iDevice. Will be installed during boot and launched instead of launchd. Forks itself and runs launchd. The forked copy will listen on Port 1337 (only on 127.0.0.1, use iproxy to connect) and provide a simple bash-like interface.
- @axi0mX for the checkm8 exploit. This jailbreak wouldn't have been possible without it.
- miniz developers for the miniz library
All code in this repository, except for third party code (see 3rdParty.txt), is released under the GPL v3.
Fugu15 - iOS 15 Jailbreaking tool
Copyright (C) 2019/2020 Linus Henze
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
The full license text can be found in the LICENSE file.