A small DirectX 11 program I use to test shaders and techniques (windows only). It is meant to be simple and straightforward. Nothing fancy to see here: plenty of engines already exist out there.
- Simple class helpers above DirectX 11.X functions
- Live update of shaders with saving via
- UI achieved with Dear ImGui
- Performance measured with GPU timers and reported in UI (tested on intel and nvidia so far)
- Simple window and input management (could be improved)
- Works well with
When cloning the project the first time:
- Update submodules (run
git submodule update)
- Open the solution
- In Visual Studio, change the Application project Working Directory from
- Make sure you select a windows SDK and a platform toolset you have locally on your computer for both projects
- Select Application as the startup project, hit F5
- imgui V1.62 supported
Have fun and do not hesitate to send back suggestions.