TinyGB is a tiny and portable Game Boy emulator written entirely in C as a hobbyist one-man project. I only wrote this to deepen my understanding of how direct hardware low-level programming works.
- (Almost) complete implementation of the Z80 CPU
- Monochrome display for the original Game Boy
- User input
- Memory bank controllers to save games and/or play ROMs larger than 32 KiB
- Super Game Boy color functions
- Super Game Boy borders
- Game Boy Color functions
- Sound output
- Serial port and linking
- (Possibly) make the UI more user-friendly?
The links below point to screenshots of the gameplay.
- Tetris (as of 2 May 2022)
- Pokemon Red (as of 5 May 2022)
- Pokemon Yellow (as of 9 May 2022)
sudo apt install libsdl2 libsdl2-dev
git clone https://github.com/jewelcodes/tinygb.git cd tinygb make